Instruments and controls
Messages are indicated in the Driver
Information Centre, in some cases
together with a warning and signal
Press SET/CLR on the turn signal
lever to confirm a message.
Vehicle and service messages
The vehicle messages are displayed
as text. Follow the instructions given
in the messages.
Messages in the
Some important messages may
appear additionally in the
Info-Display. Some messages only
pop-up for a few seconds.
When starting the engine or whilst
Only one warning chime will sound at
fastened seat belts has priority over
any other warning chime.
● If a seat belt is not fastened.
closed when starting off.
● If a certain speed is exceeded
with parking brake applied.
● If cruise control deactivates
● If a programmed speed or speed
limit is exceeded.
● If a warning message appears in
the Driver Information Centre.
● If the electronic key is not in the
● If the parking assist detects an
● If an unintended lane change
● If the diesel particle filter has
reached the maximum filling
When the vehicle is parked and/or
the driver's door is opened
● With exterior lights on.
During an Autostop
● If the driver's door is opened.
When the vehicle battery voltage is
running low, a warning message will
appear in the Driver Information