DIAGNOSIS SYSTEM (SIREN CONTROL UNIT)
< SYSTEM DESCRIPTION >
[WITHOUT INTELLIGENT KEY SYSTEM]
• The display pattern of the self-diagnosis is complicated. Therefore, repeat self-diagnosis multiple times to
check the display pattern correctly.
- Malfunctioning part and alarm activation history can be checked effectively by comparing self-diagnosis
result display and the record on the memo pad.
• It is advised to obtain and record information for the following items which are necessary when investigation
- Self-diagnosis result (Circuit diagnosis, Alarm history, Component diagnosis)
Perform SELF-DIAGNOSIS PROCEDURE described above to start self-diagnosis.
>> GO TO 2.
CHECK CIRCUIT DIAGNOSIS RESULT
Check circuit diagnosis result display.
Does hazard warning lamp blink?
>> GO TO 8.
>> GO TO 3.
CHECK VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM OPERATION 1
Turn ignition switch OFF.
Close hood and all doors.
Lock all doors using the Keyfob or door request switch.
Check that security indicator lamp blink quickly for 20 seconds. (PRE-ARMED phase)
Does security indicator lamp blink quickly?
>> GO TO 5.
>> GO TO 4.
CHECK MALFUNCTIONING CIRCUIT 1
Check power supply and ground circuit for siren control unit. Refer to
>> INSPECTION END
CHECK VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM OPERATION 2
Check that security indicator lamp blinks slowly. (ARMED phase)
Check if siren sounds 5 time or not. Refer to
Does siren sound?
>> GO TO 7.
>> GO TO 6.
CHECK MALFUNCTIONING CIRCUIT 2
Check the following circuit.
Number of hazard warning lamp blinks
• Circuit malfunctioning between siren control unit and BCM (communication line)