< PRECAUTION >
While waiting, never operate the vehicle such as locking, opening, and closing doors. Violation of
Remove 12V battery terminal.
After installing 12V battery, always check self-diagnosis results of all ECUs and erase DTC.
Precautions For Refrigerant System Service
GENERAL REFRIGERANT PRECAUTION
• Never breathe A/C refrigerant and lubricant vapor or mist. Exposure may irritate eyes, nose and
throat. Remove HFC-134a (R-134a) from the A/C system, using certified service equipment meeting
• Never release refrigerant into the air. Use approved recovery/recycling recharging equipment to cap-
ture the refrigerant each time an air conditioning system is discharged.
• Wear always eye and hand protection (goggles and gloves) when working with any refrigerant or air
• Never store or heat refrigerant containers above 52
• Never heat a refrigerant container with an open flame; Place the bottom of the container in a warm
pail of water if container warming is required.
• Never intentionally drop, puncture, or incinerate refrigerant containers.
• Never pressure test or leakage test HFC-134a (R-134a) service equipment and/or vehicle air condi-
tioning systems with compressed air during repair. Some mixtures of air and HFC-134a (R-134a)
WORKING WITH HFC-134a (R-134a)
• CFC-12 (R-12) refrigerant and HFC-134a (R-134a) refrigerant are not compatible. Compressor mal-
function is likely to occur if the refrigerants are mixed, refer to “CONTAMINATED REFRIGERANT”
• Use only specified lubricant for the HFC-134a (R-134a) A/C system and HFC-134a (R-134a) compo-
nents. Compressor malfunction is likely to occur if lubricant other than that specified is used.
• The specified HFC-134a (R-134a) lubricant rapidly absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. The fol-
lowing handling precautions must be observed:
- Cap (seal) immediately the component to minimize the entry of moisture from the atmosphere when
removing refrigerant components from a vehicle.
- Never remove the caps (unseal) until just before connecting the components when installing refrig-
erant components to a vehicle. Connect all refrigerant loop components as quickly as possible to
- Use only the specified lubricant from a sealed container. Reseal immediately containers of lubricant.
Lubricant becomes moisture saturated and should not be used without proper sealing.
- Never allow lubricant to come in contact with styrene foam parts. Damage may result.
Take appropriate steps shown below if a refrigerant other than pure HFC-134a (R-134a) is identified in
: 4 minutes
: 4 minutes