< PRECAUTION >
• After disassembling, or exposing any internal engine parts, change engine oil and replace oil filter with a new
• Release air within route when refilling after draining engine coolant.
exhaust gases for leakage.
REMOVAL OF LIQUID GASKET SEALING
• After removing mounting nuts and bolts, separate the mating sur-
face using the seal cutter [SST: KV10111100] (A) and remove old
Never damage the mating surfaces.
• Tap the seal cutter [SST: KV10111100] to insert it
, and then
by tapping on the side as shown in the figure.
• In areas where the seal cutter [SST: KV10111100] is difficult to use,
lightly tap the parts using a plastic hammer to remove it.
If for some unavoidable reason tool such as a screwdriver is
LIQUID GASKET APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Using a scraper (A), remove old liquid gasket adhering to the liq-
gasket application surface, mounting bolts, and bolt holes.
Wipe the liquid gasket application surface and the mating sur-
Attach liquid gasket tube to the tube presser (commercial ser-
Apply liquid gasket without gaps to the specified location accord-
gasket to the groove.
• As for bolt holes
, normally apply liquid gasket inside the
holes. Occasionally, it should be applied outside the holes.
• Within five minutes of liquid gasket application, install the mat-
• If liquid gasket protrudes, wipe it off immediately.