PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD
ENGINE OVERHAUL <2.4L>
>>D<< CONNECTING ROD BEARING INSTALLATION
classification from the following table. In the case of a
2. If the crankshaft pin outside diameter ID color is yellow, for
example, select a bearing whose ID mark is 1 or ID color is
3. Install the selected bearing in the big end and in the cap of
the connecting rod.
>>E<< PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD INSTALLATION
rings, and oil ring.
2. Arrange the piston ring and oil ring gaps (side rail and
spacer) as shown in the illustration.
3. Rotate the crankshaft so that crank pin is on the center of
the cylinder bore.
4. Use suitable thread protectors on the connecting rod bolts
before inserting the piston and connecting rod assembly into
5. Insert the piston and connecting rod assembly into the
cylinder with front mark on the piston crown pointing to the
6. Using a suitable piston ring compressor tool, install the
piston and connecting rod assembly into the cylinder block.
CRANKSHAFT PIN OUTSIDE
SIZE mm (in)
ID MARK OR
1 or yellow
3 or blue
ID COLOR OF
ID MARK AND COLOR OF
NO.2 RING GAP
TIMING BELT SIDE