The oil pump is located in the pump housing inside
the bell housing of the transaxle case (Fig. 283). The
As the torque converter rotates, the converter hub
rotates the inner and outer gears. As the gears
increases in the crescent area, and creates a suction
When disassembling the transaxle it is necessary
to inspect the oil pump for wear and damage.
(1) Remove the reaction shaft support bolts.
housing (Fig. 284).
(3) Remove the pump gears (Fig. 285) and check
for wear and damage on pump housing and gears.
(4) Re-install the gears and check clearances.
and the pump pocket (Fig. 286). Clearance should be
(6) Measure clearance between outer gear and
(7) Measure clearance between inner gear and
(8) Position an appropriate piece of Plastigage
across both pump gears.
Fig. 282 Overdrive/Underdrive Shafts
1 - OVERDRIVE SHAFT
4 - UNDERDRIVE SHAFT
21 - 230
41TE AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE
INPUT CLUTCH ASSEMBLY (Continued)