3. Connect the black lead to the
negative terminal of the booster
4. Connect the other end of the black
lead to a vehicle grounding point,
such as the engine block or an
engine mounting bolt. Connect as
far away from the discharged
battery as possible, however at
least 60 cm.
Route the leads so that they cannot
catch on rotating parts in the engine
1. Start the engine of the vehicle
providing the jump.
2. After 5 minutes, start the other
engine. Start attempts should be
made for no longer than
15 seconds at an interval of
3. Allow both engines to idle for
approx. 3 minutes with the leads
4. Switch on electrical consumers
(e.g. headlights, heated rear
window) of the vehicle receiving
the jump start.
5. Reverse above sequence exactly
when removing leads.
Towing the vehicle
Disengage cap at bottom and remove
vehicle tools 3 195.