< PRECAUTION >
• The auto acc function is adapted to this vehicle. For this reason, even when the ignition switch is turned
to OFF position, the accessory power source does not turned OFF and continues to be supplied for a
Disconnect both battery cables. The steering lock will remain released with both battery cables discon-
Perform the necessary repair operation.
When the repair work is completed, re-connect both battery cables. With the brake pedal released, turn
Perform self-diagnosis check of all control units using CONSULT.
Precaution for Procedure without Cowl Top Cover
When performing the procedure after removing cowl top cover, cover
Precautions for Removing Battery Terminal
• With the adoption of Auto ACC function, ACC power is automatically supplied by operating the intelligent key
or remote keyless entry or by opening/closing the driver side door. In addition, ACC power is supplied even
• When disconnecting the 12V battery terminal, turn off the ACC
power before disconnecting the 12V battery terminal, observing
• For vehicles with the 2-batteries, be sure to connect the main bat-
tery and the sub battery before turning ON the ignition switch.
• After installing the 12V battery, always check "Self Diagnosis Result" of all ECUs and erase DTC.
HOW TO DISCONNECT 12V BATTERY TERMINAL
Disconnect 12V battery terminal according to instruction described below.
Open the hood.
Turn ignition switch to the ON position.
Turn ignition switch to the OFF position with the driver side door opened.
Get out of the vehicle and close the driver side door.
Wait at least 3 minutes. For vehicle with the engine listed below, remove the battery terminal after a lapse
: 20 minutes
: 12 minutes
: 4 minutes
: 4 minutes