< ON-VEHICLE MAINTENANCE >
• Check if the reservoir tank engine coolant level is within the “MIN”
to “MAX” range when engine is cool.
• Adjust the engine coolant level as necessary.
CHECKING COOLING SYSTEM FOR LEAKS
To check for leaks, apply pressure to the cooling system using suit-
Never remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious
Higher pressure than specified may cause radiator damage.
• To avoid being scalded, do not change engine coolant when engine is hot.
turn to release built-up pressure. Then turn the cap all the way.
• Be careful not to allow engine coolant to contact drive belt.
Remove engine undercover using power tool.
Disconnect radiator hose (lower) from radiator and remove reservoir tank cap.
• Perform this step when engine is cold.
Remove air relief plug from water outlet. Refer to
Remove reservoir tank as necessary, and drain engine coolant and clean reservoir tank before installing.
Check drained coolant for contaminants such as rust, corrosion or discoloration.
• Before starting work, turn off the automatic air conditioner and the blower motor.
Install reservoir tank if removed, lower radiator hose and air relief plug.
Fill reservoir tank slowly with coolant until coolant spills from the air relief hole.
: 157 kPa (1.6 kg/cm
, 23 psi)