POWER STEERING PRESSURE SWITCH CHECK
Required Special Tools:
MB990662: Pressure Gauge
MB991548: Power Steering Oil Pressure Gauge Adapter
MB991549: Power Steering Oil Pressure Gauge Adapter
1. Disconnect the pressure hose from the oil pump, and then
connect special tools MB991548, MB990662 and
2. Bleed air, and then turn the steering wheel several times
while the vehicle is not moving so that the temperature of
3. The engine should be idling.
4. Disconnect the connector for the oil pressure switch, and
place an ohmmeter.
5. Gradually close the shut-off valve of the pressure gauge and
increase the hydraulic pressure, then check whether or not
Standard value: 1.8
2.4 MPa (261
6. Gradually open the shut-off valve and reduce the hydraulic
pressure; then check whether or not the hydraulic pressure
Standard value: 0.8
2.4 MPa (116
7. Remove special tools MB991548, MB990662 and
MB991549, and then tighten the pressure hose to the
Tightening torque: 57 N
m (42 ft-lb)
8. Bleed the system.
BALL JOINT DUST COVER INSPECTION
1. Press the dust cover with your finger to check whether the
dust cover is cracked or damaged.
2. If the dust cover is cracked or damaged, replace the tie rod
NOTE: If the dust cover is cracked or damaged, the ball joint