ENGINE AND EMISSION CONTROL
5. If the purge flow volume is less than the standard value,
check it again with the vacuum hose disconnected from the
EVAPORATIVE EMISSION PURGE SOLENOID
1. Remove the air intake hose <2.4L Engine>.
2. Disconnect the vacuum hose (black, black with red paint
mark) from the EVAP purge solenoid.
NOTE: When disconnecting the vacuum hose, always place
3. Disconnect the harness connector.
purge solenoid (refer to the illustration at left).
5. Check airtightness by applying a vacuum with voltage
applied directly from the battery to the EVAP purge solenoid
6. Measure the resistance between the terminals of the EVAP
Standard value: 30
7. Replace solenoid if resistance is out of specification.
Remove the vacuum hose and chamber assembly, and check
VOLUME AIR FLOW SENSOR CHECK
To inspect the sensor, refer to GROUP 13A (2.4L), Multiport
BATTERY POSITIVE VOLT-