MULTIPORT FUEL INJECTION (MFI) <3.0L>
4. If not within the standard value range, adjust by loosening
throttle position sensor mounting bolts and turning the
5. Turn the ignition switch to the "LOCK" (OFF) position.
6. Disconnect scan tool MB991502, and connect the throttle
position sensor connector. When the scan tool is not used,
BASIC IDLE SPEED ADJUSTMENT
Required Special Tool:
NOTE: The standard idling speed has been adjusted with the
NOTE: If the adjustment has been changed by mistake, the idle
NOTE: The adjustment, if made, should be made after first
inspection and adjustment.
Engine coolant temperature: 80
Lights, electric cooling fan and accessories: OFF
Transaxle: "P" range
To prevent damage to scan tool MB991502, always turn the
NOTE: When scan tool MB991502 is connected, the
3. Start the engine and run at idle.
4. Select the item number 30 of the scan tool Actuator test.
NOTE: Use the scan tool to hold the IAC motor at the basic
5. Check the idle speed.
NOTE: The engine speed may be 20 to 100 r/min lower than
NOTE: If the engine stalls or the engine speed is low even