MULTIPORT FUEL INJECTION(MFI) DIAGNOSIS
MULTIPORT FUEL INJECTION (MFI) <2.4L>
STEP 19. Using scan tool MB991502, check data list item
To prevent damage to scan tool MB991502, always turn the
73, Fuel Tank Differential Pressure Sensor.
The fuel tank pressures should be
1.5 to 1.5kPa.
(5) Connect an evaporative emission system pressure pump to
the fuel filler neck, and apply pressure.
The scan tool reading should increase.
Q: Is the scan tool reading within the specified value?
STEP 20. Check for clogging in the evaporator line from
disconnect hose E from the evaporative emission
(2) Install the EVAP pressure pump outlet hose to the fuel tank
filler neck as described in the pump manufacturer's
(3) On the EVAP pressure pump, set the pressure/hold valve to
OPEN, and set the vent valve to CLOSED.
(4) Turn the pump timer to ON. You can reset the timer as
required. (These settings are listed under "Leak Test" in the
(5) When the hose G is unplugged, the air passes through the
Q: Does air pass through the hose E?