Piston and Connecting Rod
PISTON RING NO. 2 / PISTON RING NO. 1
(1) Using piston ring expander, fit No. 2 and then No. 1 piston
ring into position.
The ring end is provided with identification mark.
No. 1 ring
No. 2 ring
Install piston rings with identification mark facing up,
Size marks on position rings are as follows.
0.50 mm oversize
1.00 mm oversize
PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD ASSEMBLY
(1) Liberally coat engine oil on the circumference of the piston,
piston ring, and oil ring.
(2) Arrange the piston ring and oil ring gaps (side rail and
spacer) as shown in the figure.
(3) Rotate the crankshaft so that crank pin is on the center
of cylinder bore.
(4) Use suitable thread protectors on the connecting rod bolts
before inserting piston and connecting rod assembly into
(5) Using a suitable piston ring compressor tool, install the
piston and connecting rod assembly into the cylinder block.
CONNECTING ROD BEARINGS INSTALLATION
When the bearing needs replacing, select and install a proper
classification from the following table. In the case of a
Timing belt side