(5) To install, reverse procedure of steps (3) through
(6) After installation, push and lift the clutch pedal 2
or 3 times to allow adjuster mechanism to function.
(7) Check clutch pedal starter interlock switch op-
CLUTCH/STARTER INTERLOCK SWITCH
The clutch/starter interlock switch functions as a
safety interlock device. It prevents possible engine
The clutch switch is wired in series between the
starter relay coil and the ignition switch.
The clutch/starter interlock switch is mounted to a
bracket located next to the clutch pedal. The switch is
The clutch/starter interlock switch has an adjustable
striker plate. The striker plate is located on the left
Disconnect clutch/starter interlock switch harness
from instrument panel wiring harness. Using a ohm
the switch is depressed more than 1 mm (0.040) the
If all ohm meter readings are correct and the switch
does not operate correctly, adjustment is required.
(1) Disconnect electrical harness to switch connec-
(2) Push switch out of mounting bracket and slide
wires through slot in bracket.
(1) Slide switch wires through slot in switch bracket.
and push switch into position. Do not pull on the switch
(3) After installation, the switch must be adjusted
and checked for proper operation. Refer to Switch
When performing switch adjustment, the floor mat
should be removed before beginning adjustment proce-
(1) Set the park brake.
(3) Depress clutch pedal, loosen adjusting nut and
slide the striker plate forward to fully compress the
(4) Tighten adjusting nut to 12 N
Im (105 in. lbs.).
(5) Reconnect clutch cable.
check is required to insure that the switch is
(1) With the park brake set and the vehicle IN
NEUTRAL turn the key to the start position. The
(2) With the park brake set and the vehicle IN
GEAR turn the key to the start position.
WARNING:BEFORE PERFORMING STEP THREE BE
(3) Slowly depress the clutch pedal and feel for any
vehicle motion when the starter is energized. If there is
Fig. 2 Clutch Interlock Switch and Components
MANUAL TRANSAXLE CLUTCH
6 - 7