Neither forward nor reverse gear is en-
Use this position for all normal forward
Use this position for maximum engine
whenever approaching sharp bends. Do
Shift lock release
If the battery is discharged, the shift lever
To move the shift lever, perform the follow-
1. Place the ignition switch in the LOCK
position and remove the key.
2. Apply the parking brake.
3. Using a protective cloth on the tip of a
3 mm screwdriver, remove the shift
∙ If available, a plastic trim tool can also
4. Push down the shift lock release using
a suitable tool.
5. Press the shift lever button and move
the shift lever to the N (Neutral) position
6. Place the ignition switch in the ON po-
sition to unlock the steering wheel.
7. Release the parking brake.
The vehicle may be moved to the desired
Replace the removed shift lock release
If the shift lever cannot be moved out of the
Starting and driving