< PRECAUTION >
Precaution for Procedure without Cowl Top Cover
When performing the procedure after removing cowl top cover, cover
Precaution for Brake System
Clean any dust from the front brake and rear brake with a vacuum dust collector. Never blow with com-
• Only use “DOT 4” brake fluid. Refer to
• Never reuse drained brake fluid.
off immediately and wash with water if it gets on a painted surface.
• Always clean with new brake fluid when cleaning the master cylinder, brake caliper and other com-
• Never use mineral oils such as gasoline or light oil to clean. They may damage rubber parts and
cause improper operation.
• Always loosen the brake tube flare nut with a flare nut wrench.
flare nut torque wrench (A).
• Always confirm the specified tightening torque when install-
ing the brake pipes.
• Turn the ignition switch OFF and disconnect the ABS actuator
and electric unit (control unit) connector or the battery nega-
• Check that no brake fluid leakage is present after replacing
• Burnish the brake contact surfaces after refinishing or replac-
ing rotors, after replacing pads, or if a soft pedal occurs at
(front brake pad),
(rear brake pad),
(rear disc rotor).