OVERRUNNING CLUTCH CHECK
pinion should rotate smoothly in one direction, but should
2. Inspect the pinion for wear or burrs. If the pinion is worn or
burred, replace the overrunning clutch assembly. If the
FRONT AND REAR BRACKET BUSHING CHECK
2. Place the armature in a growler.
3. Hold a thin steel blade parallel and just above while rotating
the armature slowly in the growler. A shorted armature will
4. Check the insulation between the armature coil cores and
the commutator segments. They are normal if there is no
5. Check for continuity between the segments. The condition is
normal if there is continuity.