ENGINE OVERHAUL <2.4L>
4. Move tensioner "B" in the direction of the arrow while lifting
with your finger to give sufficient tension to the tension side
Tightening torque: 19N
m (14 ft-lb)
5. Check that timing marks on the sprockets are aligned with
the timing marks on the front case.
6. With your index finger, press the midway of span on the
tension side of timing belt "B." The bolt must deflect 5
>>F<< CRANKSHAFT BOLT TIGHTENING
2. Install the washer and crankshaft bolt, and then tighten the
Tightening torque: 118 N
m (87 ft-lb)
>>G<< OIL PUMP SPROCKET INSTALLATION
(0.3 inch)] through the plug hole on the left side of the
2. Install the oil pump sprocket.
3. Apply a thin coat of engine oil to the seating surface of the
4. Tighten the nut to the specified torque.
Tightening torque: 54 N
m (40 ft-lb)