12. Remove the piston and connecting rod assemblies.
Using a ridge reamer, remove all the carbon from
Push the piston, connecting rod assembly and
• Keep the bearings, connecting rod and cap to-
• Arrange the piston and connecting rod assem-
blies in the correct order.
13. Lift the crankshaft(A) out of the engine, being careful
not to damage journals.
Arrange the main bearings and thrust bearings in the
14. Remove the oil jet(A).
15. Check fit between piston and piston pin.
Try to move the piston back and forth on the piston
16. Remove the piston rings.
Using a piston ring expender, remove the 2 com-
Remove the 2 side rails and oil ring by hand.
Arrange the piston rings in the correct order only.
17. Remove the connecting rod from the piston.
Using a press, remove the piston pin from piston.