Fig. 8: Identifying Support Bracket, Wire Harness Connector, Plunger Adjustment Release Lever, Brake
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the steering column opening cover from the instrument panel. Refer to REMOVAL .
3. Locate the brake lamp switch (4) near the support bracket (1) on the lower steering column.
4. Disconnect the wire harness connector (2) from the brake lamp switch.
5. Rotate the brake lamp switch housing counterclockwise about 30 degrees to align the tabs on the switch
locking collar with the keyed mounting hole in the switch mounting bracket.
diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground)
CAUTION: The brake lamp switch self-adjusting switch plunger is a one time only
feature. If the switch is removed from the mounting bracket, it MUST be
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T
2007 ACCESSORIES AND EQUIPMENT Lamps/Lighting - Exterior - Service Information - Nitro