1. Inspect heater tube O-ring (4). Replace as neces-
2. Lubricate O-ring (4) with a silicone type grease
such as Mopar
3. Install the Water housing Outlet with tube (3) by
inserting tube in-between cylinder heads. Insert
4. Attach Water housing Outlet tube (3) to the retain-
ing clip at rear of engine.
5. Install attaching screws and tighten to 3 N·m (30 in.
6. Install radiator (Refer to 7 - COOLING/ENGINE/
RADIATOR - INSTALLATION).
7. Fill cooling system (Refer to 7 - COOLING - STAN-
8. Operate engine until it reaches normal operating
temperature. Check cooling system for correct fluid
1. Position the Water Outlet Housing on the cylinder block.
2. Install mounting nuts and tighten to 11.8 N·m (105 in. lbs.).
3. Fill cooling system (Refer to 7 - COOLING - STANDARD PROCEDURE).
4. Operate engine until it reaches normal operating temperature. Check cooling system for correct fluid levels.
7 - 44