ТЕСТЫ ПО ПРЕДМЕТУ «Английский язык» в рамках апробации автоматизированной системы сопровождения аттестации педагогических работников
Choose the correct word or phrase in each sentence.
1 Whether this new pay deal will satisfy the unions to be seen.
b) will remain
c) is remaining
d) am remaining
2 By the end of this month, I’ll in my job for twenty years.
b) be being
c) have been
d) has been
3 I have thought the best thing to do is just ring them and explain the problem.
4 Sorry, I’m not really sure what you’re getting .
5 My friend held the spider, but I bring myself to do it.
6 I’ve been getting terrible headaches__________
a) so far
b) for a while now
c) up to now
d) all the day
7 We are __________ no obligation to give you a refund.
8 Holly was about to accept the stranger’s offer when she ______________ her mother’s advice.
b) had remembered
c) was remembering
d) has remembered
9 This ______________ be north, because the sun’s in the wrong place.
10 If you _________ ____ across any good stamps, please keep them for my collection.
a) would come
c) should come
d) have come
11 I’m sorry, but these regulations have to be _________________ with.
12 Fifty-seven? No, that __________ be the right answer!
13 __________ happens, I’ll always be there for you!
d) Whatever else
14 By early evening most people had ______________ their vote. предложение заменено
15 A __________ debate ensued, with neither side prepared to give way to the other.
16 I’ve drunk milk every __________ day of my life, and it’s never done me any harm!
17 The version of the film I saw had been __________ censored.
18 He promised to phone me at nine o’clock exactly, and he was as __________ as his word.
d) very good
19 There has been so much media __________ of the wedding that I’m completely fed up with it.
20 If I were you I would __________ clear of the area around the station late at night.
21 Turning back now is out of the __________ .
22 Joe’s fear of enclosed spaces __________ from a bad experience he had when he was a child.
23 At the moment _______________ to play the guitar.
a) I’m learning
b) I learn
c) I’ll learn
d) I’d learned
24 My course finishes_____________.
a) on next week
b) next week
c) at next week
d) to next week
25 The train ________________ at 9.30.
b) it leaves
d) is leaving
26 Where ________________ those shoes?
a) you buy
b) did you buy
c) does you buy
d) do you buy
27 I’ve worked at this company ____________ two years.
28 Can you tell me what time _________________?
a) does the train leave?
b) the train leaves?
c) the train will leave?
d) the train will be leave?
29 England is not __________ big as Germany.
c) as so as
30 There was a terrible plane crash – it ________________ an hour ago.
b) has happened
c) has been happened
d) is happening
31. Adrian is a very good friend of ____________.
32. Helena’s not really a party animal, so I doubt whether she__________ .
b) will come
c) will have come
33. I was wondering if you _________________ to go running with me.
b) had wanted
c) would want
d) will want
34. She _______ hate washing up, but now she likes it.
a) was used to
b) use to
c) used to
d) is used to
35. The noise stopped as soon as the Head Teacher ________ into the room.
c) was walking
d) will walk
36. How long ____________________ these pills?
a) did you take
b) are you taking
c) have you been taking
d) do you take
37. No, I ____________________ possibly do that to a friend.
d) may not
38. Well I’m surprised it was John. I _____________ have expected better of him.
39. Don’t worry about my big brother; he ____________ be very childish at times.
40. I really ______________ eat another thing, thank you.
d) may not
41. You ______________be serious! It’s far too dangerous!
d) may not
42. This little device ________________ be the answer to all your technical problems.
43. What you’re saying ___________ well be true.
d) have to
44. Just in case you ____________ _____ it, I’ll give you my business card so you can contact me.
a) would find
b) will find
d) can find
45. Climbing in the Himalayas was a far ___________ from hill walking at home in Ireland.
46. My bike isn’t what you would call fast or sporty, but it serves its ________.
47. Rest assured that we have taken every possible safety ________________.
48. They sell all sorts of household ______________: washing machines, dishwashers and so on.
49. After just ten minutes in the rain, I was______________ to the skin.
50. ‘Sorry Mrs. Atkins. I wasn’t _____________ attention,’ said Billy.
51. Every morning I see kids from the local school____________ football down by the river.
52. John and Mary, come over here. Have you two met___________ before?
b) each other
53. It’s quite expensive, but__________ the other hand it’s very good quality.
54. ____________ he is, he shouldn’t behave like that.
a) No matter
c) At once
55. You won’t tell anyone my secret,__________________
a) do you?
b) does you?
c) will you?
d) will be you?
56. It was a great holiday. We really enjoyed___________________
57. My car is easy to park. ___________ this, it doesn’t use much petrol.
a) As well
b) As well as
c) As soon as
d) At once
58. When I want to___________ I have a long, hot bath.
b) relax me
c) relax her
d) relax him
59.______________ it’s getting late, let’s stop work now and come back tomorrow.
60. ___________, I’d like to thank you all for coming.
a) In conclusion
b) In contrast
c) In the end
d) At last
61. I bought ___________ some flowers.
62. The tree ____________ was about two meters wide because it was so old.
63. Flies were _____________ around the uncovered meat in the kitchen.
64. Mary is always so _____________ – you always see her smiling and happy.
65. When I learned to ski, I practiced on a slope that was not too … .
66. Chris uses an _______________ shaver when he goes on holiday.
67. Point the ____________ to the place on the screen where you want to type, and then click.
68. The _______________ made a lot of buildings collapse and thousands of people were made homeless.
69. International ______________ is being sent to help the victims survive the winter.
70. I broke my _______________ when I was young – my brother punched it!
71 Anyone who has high stress___________ should read this book.
72. I’m afraid you __________ smoke
b) don’t have to
c) are not allowed to
d) can’t be
73. Honestly! I saw a ghost! I’m not
__________ it up!
74. Could you watch my bag while I
go and get a cup of tea?
b) Never mind.
c) If you don’t mind.
d) It doesn’t matter.
75. In my country, it is __________
the law to watch an X-rated film if you are under eighteen.
76. Police __________ that a
terrorist group might be behind the kidnapping.
77. When Christopher smiles, he
__________ me of his grandfather.
78. The wonderful smell of freshly
__________ coffee hit us as we entered the store.
79. ‘I did this painting all
__________ my own, Dad,’ said Milly.
80. You __________ better check all
the details are correct before we send it off.
81. This game is __________ to be
for five year-olds, but I think a two year-old could do it!
82. According to the Publications Department, it will be two years before the new Handbook __________
b) is completed
c) has completed
d) will be completed
83. The President’s plane touched down in Mexico City on Wednesday, two days after he _________
b) would have arrived
c) had been to arrive
d) was due to arrive
84. By the end of this month, I’ll__________ a member of this club for ten years.
b) be being
c) have been
d) has been
85. I was going to ask her for a date, but I ____________bring myself to do it.
86. I thought the exam would be really difficult but in fact it___________ have been easier.
87. This __________ be the way – we’ve driven past that bus stop three times now!
88. You _____________ have worked here longer than me, but that doesn’t mean you can treat me like dirt!
d) have to
89. Sorry, I __________ have told you about the change of plan earlier.
90. You ______________ have finished your homework already!
91. I’m really happy in my new job; I ____________ have found a nicer company.
92. Well, thanks for the offer – I __________ just take you up on it.
d) have to
93. A _________ of elephants was resting near the water hole.
94. Water ____________ in the south-east of England led to a ban on garden hosepipes last summer.
95. Brian’s boss gave him three more days to try to ___________ the deal.
96. When I applied for my job, I simply sent my CV with a covering ____________.
97. You can either pay everything upfront for this car, or you can pay us in monthly_________.
98. The train company did not refund the cost of my ticket, but sent me a £5 voucher as a goodwill __________.
99. Our relationship is going through a rather bad ___________ at the moment.
100. As a policeman it is your duty to ____________ the law.
101. When the actor Christopher Reeve came on to collect his award, the entire audience gave him a ____________ ovation.