< REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION >
[WITH HEATED STEERING WHEEL]
Remove knee protector (1).
10. Disconnect each switch harness connectors installed to steering
11. Remove the upper joint mounting bolt and nut (lower shaft side),
and separate the upper joint from lower shaft.
When removing upper joint, never insert a tool, such as a
12. Remove steering column assembly.
• Never give axial impact to steering column assembly during removal.
Note the following, and install in the reverse order of removal.
the mounting dimensions (L) is within the specified range as
• Tighten the mounting bolts in the order shown in the figure when
installing the steering column assembly.
• Be careful of the following points when installing the steering col-
• Never give axial impact to steering column assembly during
• Never move steering gear assembly.
• Adjust neutral position of steering angle sensor. Refer to
WITHOUT ELECTRIC MOTOR : Inspection
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
• Check each part of steering column assembly for damage or other malfunctions. Replace if necessary.
Replace steering column assembly if outside the standard.
: 2.0 mm (0.079 in) or less
: Refer to
Revision: 2012 September