Index Manuals Nissan Murano Z51 (2013 year) - Service and Repair Manual
SERVICE INFORMATION FOR ELECTRICAL INCIDENT
< BASIC INSPECTION >
An unclamped or loose harness can cause wiring to be pinched by seat components (such as slide guides)
• The customer's concern may occur during hot weather or after car
has sat for a short time. In such cases you will want to check for a
• To determine if an electrical component is heat sensitive, heat the
component with a heat gun or equivalent.
Never heat components above 60
• If incident occurs while heating the unit, either replace or properly
insulate the component.
• The customer may indicate the incident goes away after the car
warms up (winter time). The cause could be related to water freez-
• There are two methods to check for this. The first is to arrange for
the owner to leave his car overnight. Check it will get cold enough
• The second method is to put the suspect component into a freezer
long enough for any water to freeze. Reinstall the part into the car
The incident may occur only during high humidity or in rainy/snowy
Never spray water directly on any electrical components.
The incident may be electrical load sensitive. Perform diagnosis with
COLD OR HOT START UP
On some occasions an electrical incident may occur only when the car is started cold, or it may occur when
Revision: 2012 September