Special Tools Required
Steering Gearbox Installation
Tie-rod Ball Joint Boot Replacement
25. Install the steering joint cover (A) with the clamps
(B) and clips (C).
26. Fill the system with power steering fluid, and bleed
air from the system (see page 17-14).
27. After installation, perform the following:
• Start the engine, allow it to idle, and turn the
steering wheel from lock-to-lock several times to
• Adjust the front toe (see step 1 on page 18-7).
turning the right and left tie-rods equally, if
• Do the PCM idle learn procedure (see page 11-
• Do the power window control unit reset
procedure (see page 22-200).
• Set the clock.
navigation system, the custmer’s radio station
Front hub dis/assembly tool 07965-SA50500
1. Remove the boot from the tie-rod end, and wipe the
old grease off the ball pin.
2. Pack the lower area of the ball pin (A) with
3. Pack the interior of the new boot (B) and lip (C) with
Note these items when installing new grease:
• Keep grease off the boot installation section (D)
and the tapered section (E) if the ball pin.
• Do not allow dust, dirt, or other foreign materials
to enter the boot.
4. Install the new boot (A) using the special tool. The
boot must not have a gap at the boot installation
03/07/29 09:49:45 61S0X050_170_0048