Catalytic Converter System
Catalytic System Efficiency
• If some of the DTCs listed below are stored at the
same time as DTC P0420, troubleshoot those DTCs
• Information marked with an asterisk ( ) applies
to ’02-04 models.
P0137, P0138: Secondary HO2S (Sensor 2)
1. Reset the PCM (see page 11-4), then do steps 2
through 5 to reset the readiness code.
2. Start the engine. Hold the engine at 3,000 rpm with
no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan
3. Drive for about 10 minutes, without stopping, on a
highway or freeway. Your speed can vary.
4. With the transmission in D4 (D5) position, drive at
a steady speed between 50
62 mph (80
h) for 30 seconds.
5. Repeat step 4 three times. Between each repetition,
close the throttle completely for 1
2 seconds. If
the engine is stopped during this part of the
6. Check for a temporary DTC with the scan tool or the
Check the TWC. If necessary, replace the
Check for readiness code completion. If the
readiness code is complete, it was an intermittent
Does the scan tool indicate T empor ar y DT C
03/07/29 09:24:46 61S0X050_110_0246